At Gerrards Cross Dentist we give great importance to the consultation appointment. We book long appointment times to ensure you have all the time needed to tell us what you are willing to achieve. An examination appointment is not only about checking your gums and teeth: we are here to listen to your concerns and requests to enable you to achieve a well-functioning mouth with a beautiful smile.
When you attend our clinic we will ask you to fill out a medical history sheet that will tell us about your general health. The majority of the general health conditions have an implication on one’s oral health and knowing your medical history well will also enable us to offer you a safe and calming treatment.
Once we have heard your concern we will carry out the following:
- Visual examination of your teeth in a social interaction, your lip position, your smile line;
- Examination around head and neck to look for any abnormality for early diagnosis;
- Examination of the soft tissues inside the mouth, including the inner surface of cheeks, tongue, palate and back of the throat;
- Examination of teeth, checking any old restorations, crowns, bridges, implant or denture work;
- Examination of your gums, and if any gum disease is noted the severity of gum disease;
- Special investigations which may include radiography, heat and cold testing and other specialised tests as needed;
- We then sit down together with you and explain any concerns that we may have following our clinical and special investigation findings;
- We use drawings, videos and 3D models in order to enable you to understand the condition that needs treatment;
- In more complex cases if needed we can ask you to sit in our relaxing reception area and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee while watching educational videos to help you make the right decision.
- Once you are fully informed of the concerns we have, you are informed of the treatment options that are available, as well as the cost and time involved before we ask you to reach a decision.
|Mon||9:00AM to 6:00PM|
|Tues||9:00AM to 6:00PM|
|Wed||9:00AM to 6:00PM|
|Thur||9:00AM to 6:00PM|
|Fri||9:00AM to 6:00PM|
|Sat||9:00AM to 1:00PM|
|Sun||9:00AM to 1:00PM|